I’m not kidding, I could eat everything with turkey gravy.
I know, I know…it’s gravy. But it is one of those weaknesses in life that I fall for every Thanksgiving. It is just so good. You have to make it. A lot of it.
You will need:
- Turkey juice
- 1/4 c cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup milk (I just like the consistency better with a little bit of milk, but it’s not mandatory)
Take The Pot!
- Take that turkey you cooked and carve it up nicely, and set the carcass aside. You should have a ton of juice on the bottom of the pan to use.
- Now, pour the juice into a large pan on the stove. Heat this on medium until it’s rather hot.
- In a little bowl, add 1/4c cornstarch into a cup of warm water and whisk until it’s smooth.
- Add the cornstarch to the pan slowly and keep stirring with a whisk. Then add the milk. You are absolutely forbidden from walking away from this pot until it’s done.
- Keep stirring until it’s as thick as you want it, and then pour it into a container for ladling out.
Enjoy with turkey, biscuits, dinner rolls, carrots, broccoli, cabbage, mashed potatoes…Enjoy this with everything!