- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 large leeks, washed and finely sliced
- 4 cloves garlic
- 4 cups of chicken broth
- 2 enormous peeled russet potatoes, or 5 golden potatoes, chopped
- 1 can organic stewed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup cream or milk
- 1 Tsp Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Sour cream
- 1 diced green onions
This is super easy.
- First, put the butter in the pot and melt a little before adding the leeks and garlic. Saute for about 2 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, potatoes, tomatoes, salt, pepper. Boil for 15 minutes, or until the potatoes are very tender.
- Add the cream/milk and stir. Remove from heat and blend with an immersion blender.
- Garnish with green onions or sour cream (or both!). Or bacon.