I love fried chicken.
I love really good, crispy, spiced up garlic fried chicken.
I love fried chicken, and there MUST be a gluten free version that isn’t AWFUL.
You Will Need:
- A whole bucket load of chicken drumsticks
- Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
- 5 slightly beaten eggs
- Vegetable Crisco (this is crucial, do not substitute!)
- 2 tsp Paprika
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1/2 tsp ground sage
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp kosher salt
- a few fat grinds of black pepper
It’s pretty straightforward…
- In a large pan, put 2 cups of Crisco in and melt it. The Crisco will get the batter super light and crispy. This makes such a HUGE difference, you cannot use this recipe with something else.
- Then, combine 3 cups of the gluten free flour and all the spices in a large bowl.
- beat the eggs in another bowl
- take the chicken drumsticks with a pair of tongs and dip it in the egg, then dip it in the flour mixture and gently place it into the pan with the melted Crisco
- Cook for 6 minutes on both sides
- Place the chicken into a baking dish and keep it warm in the oven at 200F while you cook the rest.
This is GREAT with Epic Broccoli Salad!