I am going to tell you how to make this, and you’re just not going to believe me.
You can have the best pickles in 4 hours. They are the same crunchy pickles you love…really. They aren’t soggy, they aren’t warm, they aren’t a funny color. They are fresh and crisp and amazing.
In 4 hours! Woot!
- Get cucumbers (any are fine. I have used a couple different types, and they’re all wonderful)
- 1 Tbsp Kosher salt
- Garlic cloves
- Ground black pepper
- Fresh rosemary or fresh basil
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 cup white distilled vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
How To Assemble:
- First, you’ll notice I didn’t use dill. I found through experimenting that I actually hate dill, even though we’re used to “dill pickles.” I made dill pickles a few times, but then I started experimenting with other herbs, and I personally believe rosemary is the absolute best, because it is a very bold flavor that makes it through the vinegar. Basil is also very good, but it is going to be a very mild pickle…and I like a pickle that fights back.
- Get a mason jar and put the kosher salt, sugar, pepper, garlic, and rosemary or basil.
- Then slice the cucumbers into spears and stuff as many into the mason jar as humanly possible.
- Now pour the mason jar 2/3 way with white distilled vinegar. Fill the rest of the jar with purified water.
- Screw the top on and shake it like crazy.
- Place this beautiful jar in the fridge for at least 4 hours. Enjoy thoroughly!