This was my favorite dish when I was younger. It was just so different than anything else: fresh spinach leaves, bacon, warm honey dressing and lovely tomatoes. It was just an orchestra of flavors and textures.
Plus, it’s totally gluten free. Caesar salads AREN’T….just sayin’.
You Are Going To Need:
- 8 cups fresh spinach
- 1 cup fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup sliced grape tomatoes
- 1 sliced hard-boiled egg
- 1/2 cup sliced parmesan cheese
- 7 slices applewood bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup warmed honey
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp Gray Poupon
- 1/4 cup bleu cheese crumbles
- 1 tsp lemon juice, or just one huge squeeze
- ground black pepper for garnish
How To Assemble This Baby:
- First, cook the bacon. I would suggest you cook these in the oven, at 400F for 17 minutes. Let them cool before you put them on the salad, or you’ll wilt the spinach.
- In a large bowl, combine the vinegar, olive oil, mustard and lemon juice and whisk until well combined.
- Put the honey in the microwave for 20 seconds, and then whisk that into the bowl.
- Place the washed/rinsed spinach into a large bowl, and drizzle the dressing over it, and toss.
- Then add the crumbled bacon, mushrooms, sliced hardboiled egg, bleu cheese crumbles and a couple grinds of black pepper.
This would go really well with a good red meat, like a New York steak, or brisket, or even rosemary lamb.
Weight Watchers Points: 1 cup of this is 4 points