This is really a fantastic combination of ingredients, no matter how you cook them.
Yesterday I was feeling a tad under the weather, so I made a huge pot of Chicken broth…and I was about to make my North by Southwest Chicken Soup, when I thought about adding chickpeas instead.
That was a GREAT idea, may I say. The tomatoes make a lovely broth, and the chickpeas are soft and buttery. It’s a lovely soup!
What You Need:
- 1 Chicken carcass, or 1 box of chicken stock and chicken meat
- 1 can drained chickpeas
- 1 can organic stewed tomatoes
- 1/2 diced yellow onion
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- ground black pepper
- garlic powder or 3 cloves of garlic
Get Out Your Pressure Cooker!
- First, put the chicken carcass/chicken stock and meat in the pressure cooker and cook on high for 10 minutes.
- When it is done, spoon the chicken/bones out into a bowl and put the rest of the ingredients in, and fill the pot with water up to 14 cups.
- Separate the chicken from the bones (when it’s cool enough to touch and you’re not burning your fingers) and put the chicken meat into the pot.
- Put the lid on and cook on high for 10 minutes.
You can shred some parmesan cheese into your bowl to make it a little salty, if you like that! Also fantastic with gluten free rye bread. Enjoy!