For those of us who grew up in the 80s, you’ll understand the lack of wonder there is in steamed veg. Everything was steamed. Chicken was steamed, carrots were steamed, brussel sprouts were steamed.
Okay, so steaming is much better than boiling, I’ll give you that. But for those of us who just can’t take the mush that comes out of steamers, how about we try the oven?
Boss Level: Baked Brussel Sprouts.
Okay, so steaming them is awful. Sure, if you get it just right, they can turn out “okay.” Never “FAN.TASTIC.” though, so let’s work with what we got:
- brussel sprouts
- olive oil
- kosher salt, garlic powder, ground black pepper and parmesan cheese
My camera is focusing on everything other than the brussel sprouts. I tried taking a picture of them when they finished, and they’re still blurry. There is some weird, magical quality to them that my camera just can’t capture, I’m sure of it.
Preheat your oven to 350F
- Take your brussel sprouts and put them in an oven baking dish.
- Sprinkle olive oil on top of them somewhat liberally.
- Put a pinch of kosher salt, garlic powder and a good coat of parmesan cheese on top.
- Shake the pan to roll the sprouts around so they’re pretty covered.
- Now, put this in the oven for 40 minutes.