Gluten Free Crumpets
- 1.5 cups gluten free flour mix (Bob’s Red Mill All Purpose)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. xanthan gum
- 1 Tbsp active yeast
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 1/4 cups plus 1 Tbsp hot water
- Place all dry ingredients (including yeast) into a large mixing bowl. Mix until all ingredients are well combined (use a hand mixer, it works better)
- Add your hot water and olive oil and stir
- Grease a baking sheet and line with 6 foil rings. Grease the rings as well with cooking spray.
- Pour 1/4 cup batter into each muffin ring, smoothing the top of each one.
- Let rise for 30 minutes. The dough should double in size.
- After dough has risen, preheat your oven to 375F.
- Bake crumpets for 20 minutes.
- Eat! Enjoy!