These things are so simple, and yet so divine. I must share.
What you need:
- A potato.
Okay, and some:
- grated cheddar cheese
- butter (please, for honesty’s sake, don’t use margarine.)
- kosher salt
- garlic powder
- ground black pepper
- sour cream
Here’s What You Do:
- You can do it the quick way or the hard way. The potato tastes the same in the end…so I’m not even going to TELL you the hard way.
- Put the cleaned potato in the microwave. Push the potato button. (if you don’t have a potato button, do 4 minutes)
- Okay, now, take it out with potholders (speaking from experience here), and place it in a baking dish.
- Let it cool for 5 minutes, and then slice it width-wise.
- Now, place little slivers of butter and grated cheddar cheese in between the slices.
- Then, sprinkle the kosher salt, ground black pepper, garlic powder and parsley on top.
- Spray with PAM
- Bake at 400F for another 5 minutes.
Enjoy with a good heaping of sour cream, and Heretic Brewing craft beers!