I can’t even begin to describe how much I love stuffed mushrooms. They have a musky flavor that pairs well with salty bacon and cheese; the texture is a little chewy without crossing the line of squishy. I just love mushrooms. I think I ate these for a few weeks once I figured out how to do it right!
It seems silly to label these as gluten free, since I just didn’t use gluten in them…but I think you are supposed to use bread crumbs. Phooey! Be a rebel! Just use something else!
What you need:
- (about 9) Largish button mushrooms
- Pepperjack cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- cooked and chopped bacon
- 1/4 cup chopped yellow onion
- olive oil
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt, few grinds of black pepper
Preheat thine oven to 375F
- First, get out either a large baking dish….OR….a mini muffin tin. I have used both, and I like the mini muffin tin
- Now, wash and destem the mushrooms. Place them upside down in the muffin tins, or baking dish
- In a bowl mix the parmesan cheese, onions, bacon, kosher salt, ground black pepper
- Take a tea spoon (or a coffee spoon, for us Americans) and spoon the mixture into the middle of the mushrooms. Try to pack it in, but don’t stress. They’re mushrooms. They’re cool.
- Now, take a little slice of pepperjack cheese and place it over the mushroom filling
- Then drizzle olive oil over them all in a crazy, chaotic fashion. Just don’t get the dog.
- Bake at 375F for 25 minutes
You shall enjoy this, your children shall enjoy this. Your church potluck might even enjoy it. They are really that good.