I am a huge sucker for goat cheese. I like the sweeter flavor, I like the creamy texture, I like the savory flavors that come out in dishes.
I also LOVE stuffed mushrooms.
So tonight, I’m going in.
- Goat Cheese (I used cranberries and goat cheese, because it’s what I had)
- Thin asparagus
- Large button mushrooms
- Olive oil
- kosher salt
- garlic powder
How You Work It:
- First, cook your bacon. I would suggest cooking it in the oven at 400 for about 10-15 minutes.
- While you are letting the bacon cool, wash your mushrooms and rip the stems out. Just rip them out with gusto!
- Then place the mushrooms, top side down, in a muffin tin (This is so much easier, you don’t even know).
- Now, cut 1 inch pieces of the thin asparagus and place them in the mushroom. I usually place 3 pieces in.
- Then crumble up the bacon, and spoon about 1/2 teaspoon of bacon into the mushroom, on top of the asparagus.
- Finally, spoon 1 teaspoons worth of goat cheese onto the bacon/asparagus.
- Drizzle everything with olive oil, and then sprinkle with a pinch or two of kosher salt and garlic powder
- Cook at 400F for 10 minutes
- This goes very well with stout!
Enjoy with steamed asparagus.
Just place the asparagus in an envelope of aluminum foil
with olive oil, garlic powder and kosher salt and bake for 15 minutes