I swear, I just can’t cook stew conventionally. It’s so much fun to mess around with it!
So this is a FANTASTIC idea, especially if you have a pressure cooker, and especially if you have a larger family.
What You’ll Need:
- stew beef
- 3 cups of baby carrots
- 1 large sliced yellow onion
- 1 chopped stalk of celery
- a whole bunch of garlic cloves
- a casserole dish full of whole golden potatoes (I think I had about 16 in mine)
- 1 can of tomato paste
- 1 box of chicken stock
- kosher salt, black pepper, thyme, garlic powder
So, Here’s What You Do:
- Preheat your oven to 375F
- Take all the golden potatoes and put them in your largest baking dish. Drizzle olive oil, kosher salt, garlic powder and black pepper over them.
- Place in the oven for 45 minutes
- During this time, heat your pressure cooker to simmer
- fill the bottom with olive oil, onions, carrots, garlic and beef
- sprinkle the herbs and spices on top
- now pour the chicken stock over that and cover.
- Cook on high for 20 minutes
- When it is finished, release the steam and open it up. Now, take a bowl and put the cornstarch in there and then ladle in a few spoonfuls of broth into the bowl. Whisk until creamy, and then stir into the pot again.
- Then stir in the tomato paste
- Okay…now…open the oven (the potatoes should be done by now) and carefully ladle the stew onto the potatoes.
This is such a unique way to have stew, and it will add a little fun to winter dishes 🙂