I love goulash in ways that are just ghoulish.
Okay, let’s get to this totally awesome stew!
What’chu Need, Baby You Know I Got It:
- 4 cups turkey stock with meat
- 3 Aidell apple sausages, sliced
- 2 yellow bell peppers
- 2 red bell peppers
- Please, please don’t add green bell peppers. Those things are gross.
- 1 chopped yellow onion
- 1 can of organic stewed tomatoes
- 5 cloves of smashed garlic
- 1 tsp paprika
- fresh parsley
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper (I personally think this is a pepper-friendly dish, so you might want to add more than usual)
- olive oil
- 3 cups of water
- 3 cups Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 4 Tbsp butter flavored shortening (you can use coconut oil if you have it, but I don’t think butter gets the right texture for baking)
- 1 cup milk
- Take your turkey carcass and put it into a stock pot filled with salted water, and boil that sucker for 3-4 hours.
- If you have a pressure cooker, put the carcass in and fill with salted water and cook on high for 45 minutes.
- When it has finished, drain the stock into a large bowl, get the remaining meat off and put it into the stock, and then throw the bones out. They’re done.
- While this is going, mix all the ingredients for the dumplings mixed together in a bowl, and then set it aside
- Saute the sausages, onions, bell peppers and garlic in 3 Tbsp of olive oil for 3 minutes
- Add the stock, tomatoes and 3 cups of water
- Add all seasonings/spices
- Get that puppy to boiling and then immediately reduce heat to simmer
- Gently drop spoonfuls of the dumplings on top of the stew, one at a time
- Cover and let simmer for a good 10 minutes uncovered, then cover and continue steaming for another 15 minutes
Oh trust me, you will LOVE this!