1) You need a bunch of pulled chicken. How I do it:
- Take a whole chicken, remove the neck and giblets, wash it off and place it in your pressure cooker and fill halfway up with water. (I am aware that the current standards say not to wash chicken off anymore because they are convinced you are going to throw chicken water all over yourself and contaminate your kitchen with salmonella. To me, I like washing the chicken off. It gets extra feathers off, blood off, goop off and plus you can get a good visual of the chicken just to make sure it looks good. Knowledge is always power. Just keep things clean and wash your hands)
- Add garlic powder, 1 tsp kosher salt, a few grinds of fresh ground black pepper and 1 tsp paprika
- Cook on high for 25 minutes
- Remove the chicken and let it cool off. Then go into the process of getting all the meat off and putting it into a large bowl, pulled apart.
2) DIYBBQ Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp ground mustard
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp kosher salt
Place the vinegar, worcestershire sauce, mustard, paprika, salt and tomato sauce into a large microwavable bowl and heat for 2 minutes. Use a whisk and stir together. Then add the brown sugar and stir until it is combined. Chill for 30 minutes before serving.
- 3 cups All Purpose Gluten Free Flour
- 1 Tbsp yeast
- 2 tsp unflavored gelatin
- 1 Tbsp xantham gum
- 1½ tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 cup warm water
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup shortening
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
To Make Yo’ Buns:
- Take the warm water and add the yeast and sugar. Let this sit and mope in a corner for 5 minutes.
- Then start mixing in the flour, salt, shortening and vinegar, and then one egg at a time.
- Mix until it becomes very well combined. This is gluten free dough, so it’s going to look different…that’s okay. Be confident!
- Use your very clean hands and roll a ball of dough in your hands and place on parchment paper on a cookie sheet. Do this with all the dough, and let it rise for 40 minutes (gf dough doesn’t rise very much, so don’t get too disappointed!)
- Bake at 350F for 10-12 minutes