These things are so fantastic, I am making them constantly these days.
The creamy, buttery chickpea taste met with the crispy outside. These are good for lunches, dinners, appetizers or picnics!
Here is the recipe!
- 4 cans of chickpeas, or about 4 cups of cooked chickpeas
- 2 eggs
- 1 handful of chopped, fresh parsley
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ground black pepper
- 1 can of stewed tomatoes
- 1/4 c. corn oil
- Take the cooked chickpeas and put them in a large pan with 2 Tbsp of oil. Add the salt, garlic powder, pepper and cover for 10 minutes.
- Remove the chickpeas and put them into a mixing bowl. Mash lightly, but with gusto.
- Add the eggs and stir until well combined
- Add 1/4 c corn oil into the pan and heat until simmering
- Drop 1 large spoonful of chickpeas into the pan to create a patty,and lightly smoosh it down with the spoon. You should be able to fit 3 patties into the pan.
- Cover and fry for 4 minutes each side
- Remove and put onto a plate to cool
- Serve with hot stewed tomatoes for the full experience!