I just made these for the kids for dinner, and I’m going to be straight with you:
It is totally awesome.
This is an easy meal, it is a healthy meal, and inexpensive meal…and it is kind of off the charts with how fun it is.
I was originally going to call it a boat, but one of the kids said it looked more like a rocketship blasting off, so they are Pineapple Rocketships!
- 2 whole pineapples, sliced in half lengthwise
- 3 sliced chicken-apple sausages
- 5 cups of cooked white rice
The Method Behind The Madness
- Preheat your galley oven to 375F
- Cut the pineapples in half, lengthwise. Use a knife to cut slices down the meat of the fruit, and use a spoon to scoop out the pineapple to make a shell. Place the pineapple chunks into a separate bowl for later.
- Slice 3 chicken-apple sausages and place them inside the pineapple shells. Then scoop the pineapple chunks into the pineapple shells.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 375F
- While it is baking, make your white rice. I use a rice maker, with 1 cup of rice to 1.5 cups of water ratio.
- After the pineapples have finished baking, take them out and put a scoop of rice into the pineapple rocketship.
- Serve once it’s cooled!